Green And Gold Daylight Studio
PANDEMIC PERIOD NOTE: We are able to take limited bookings; with maximum guests at 30 percent capacity (10 guests at a time)
This is a fully private studio in a low traffic building. We clean and sanitize between each booking. We also offer cleaning supplies and sanitary wipes in the space.
Green and Gold Daylight Studio is a beautiful 1,150 sq ft. natural light studio, available for photography, video creators and event planners with a comfortable capacity of 30 guests.
This airy and luxurious space is designed with delightfully curated accent furniture and lighting among dozens of plants, sure to make any photo/video production or event stunning. Northerly facing diffused sunlight glows throughout the day and fills the 14 ft ceilings, bathing the 1,100 sq ft space in natural light.
This space is perfect for hosting photo & video shoots, bridal and baby, Instagram influencers, weddings, fashion shoots, lifestyle, product shoots, interview documentary video, art gallery/showings, breakout business sessions, secret supper clubs, music videos, casting calls, private birthdays, retail launches, speaker series, the list goes on and on.
This soaring studio boasts:
- 14 ft ceilings, original hardwood flooring
- Canadian designed Midcentury period teak furniture
- Best time of day from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, North facing sunlight for beautiful diffused glows; Daylight LED panels to balance and fill natural light
- Unique lighting, soft glow gold accent lamps, edison bulbs
- Air conditioning and heating
- Comfy seating, vintage pieces and rugs
- 50+ beautifully maintained and loved plants, rare varieties
- Sound-safe environment for video interviews and dialogue
- Renovated bathroom with high rimmed spa tub
- 6' vanity / makeup mirror
- Pet friendly!
- 3rd floor walk up with easy access elevator
- 1 car parking space provided, Green P metered streetside also available
- Space for up to 32 guests
- 14 folding chairs and one 6'x2' folding table
- Google Home / Bluetooth connectable speaker
- Full kitchen, oven, espresso machine, fridge
- Staircase for overhead shooting, no entry to office.
*Available with quote and by request ($)
- Projector (only evening viewable)
- Photography backdrop as pictured, 9' width and 6' colours available by request $$$ per foot - inquire
*Note on pricing: Starting rates are listed, based on Mon-Thursday, with 5 or fewer guests for photography. Fri, Sat, Sun rates will apply to quotes. 'Day' rates based on 8 hours. Larger crews / guest sizes and video rates are negotiable; happy to quote and discuss.*
Check out our sister spaces! We're happy to have you at:
The incredible Midcentury Loft: https://thisopenspace.com/spaces/350
Bright and Sunny Plant Paradise Studio: https://thisopenspace.com/spaces/1403
Soaring Skylight Loft Studio, Queen West:
*NO LATE NIGHT PARTIES IN THIS SPACE. EVER.*
*NO DJs - NO BYO Audio equipment*
*NO LIVE PERFORMANCES*
*Cameras are installed in the space as Passive Recording for overtime or damage to props / space.
Cleaning Fee: $10
Minimum Booking: 2 hours
Maximum Booking: 1 month
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
Thanks for choosing our studio! This space serves as a mixed use studio for content creators and event planners.
We appreciate you being respectful to our rules and procedures, and you will have a great time in the space, please treat it as your own.
- Help yourselves to cold water from the fridge, make a coffee or tea, etc. Feel at home in the space!
-Use the light switches around the space, the 'daylight panel' switch is near the oven.
*Please shut all lights off when leaving.
-Google Home is provided for music at a reasonable volume. say "Ok Google, play (artist name/Song name)" or "Ok Google, go into bluetooth mode" and you can connect it with your phone. Best to be on the wifi.
- Feel free to play music on the speaker provided, but noise must be kept to a minimum after 9:00pm
- We are open to movement of the plants and furniture. Please be as careful as possible and put things back as you found them; some are on wheels to help.
- Any damages to the set, plants, or props will be resolved through insurance and thisopenspace
- There is a loft upstairs, that serves as a private office and storage space.
***NO ENTRY ALLOWED. You may use the staircase for overhead shots. ***
- 11:00 pm is closing time; all shoots or events must end and exit at this time. *Overtime is $3.00 per minute after 11pm.*
- Our August lock will record your entry and exit; any differences or overages in time will be resolved through the deposit.
- Security cameras are on site for your safety and to document insurance and deposit claims.
- NO LIVE PERFORMANCES
- NO PARTIES
- NO EXCESSIVE DRINKING
- NO LOUD MUSIC
- NO CIGARETTE SMOKING (Cannabis OK!)
- ALL EVENING BOOKINGS END AT 11:00 PM
Matt's studio is amazing with a lot of natural light. We had our 1:1 private floral design workshop. We all love the place. Great for any production. Matt is really easy to work with. Very recommended!
So wonderful to have had you and the team! Appreciate the kind words.
Love the updates to the space, looks better than in the current photos - great natural lighting for photoshoots! Great communication, easy check-in process!
Matt's place was amazing! Exactly like the pictures! Matt was quick to respond in a timely manner to any questions that I had. Would deff recommend this spot and even book again :)
This space was great to use! Set up perfectly for the video content that we produced and the host was wonderful. Will definitely use the space again!
Beautiful space! Loved it all, it was clean and cute and charming! Got some good content from here! And Matt was very easy to communicate with!
Great space! and Matt was very easy to get a hold of.
Nice space, with a cozy atmosphere. A lot of natural light! Even though it was pretty dark outside I still was able to get really beautiful, bright photos without using additional lighting! Matt was always on a phone for me. Also, I do like a letter with all the instructions, like how to get and where to park, it was really helpful! For sure I will book this space again in the future.
So glad to hear it, Kateryna! Was wonderful to host you as well. We're happy to have you back here or at any of our spaces again anytime.
Lovely studio. Well lit and the plants are stunning in photos:) Matt was great
Space was great and Matt was super easy to get in touch with.
We had a great time!
335 people saved this space