Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. Please take ALL your garbage & recycling with you or there will be a $50 fee.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. This is a neighbourhood in transition and extra security measures need to be taken to insure nothing gets stolen.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from what is in the space being rented.
6. Please respect the privacy of the artists in the space and let your production crew and talent know to not wander to the back of the studio where private studios are. Please stay in the designated rental area.
The space looks pretty much like the photos. Bright, natural lighting, which was amazing for our photo-shoot. As mentioned in other reviews, this space is above a fish market and the smell does travel up. We brought in scented candles and that solved the problem. Communication was easy with Nancy, Lex and JP. I would definitely book the space again.
Such a great space for our photoshoots. Offered variety of background with the brick wall, white wall and then the beautiful windows. Great lighting too, we only used our lights for a few shots. Highly recommend this space.
Great location! Really happy with how Lex handled the booking and communication, we will be back.
What an amazing space! Light is great and they were so accommodating
Beautiful room, our contact was very nice and attentive. Great experience!
Awesome, bright space!
Great hosts and location!
Having previously attended many events in this space I was very excited and honored to facilitate a workshop here myself. The beautiful natural light and very comfortable atmosphere was such a treat!
We rent this space for a photoshoot. The space is great with beautiful natural light. Very convenient location with all the amenities we need. Lex was also great in communication. Love this place! Highly recommended!
Amazing location and space—beautiful light. Highly recommend and would book again. Thanks :)
568 people saved this space