Space starts at a base rate of $250/day (10am till 5pm - any usage outside regular hours are an additional fee of $75.00 per hour). Please include your set-up and clean-up time.
We are a discreet little studio with a contemporary charm located in the heart of Vancouver's Chinatown district. Our new-fashioned atelier with white washed floors, 100 year old brick walls, 15 foot ceilings and softly filtered window light, provides a perfect environment for photoshoots, small scale video shoots, art exhibits and creative endeavours.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Minimum Booking: 3 hours
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
The building contains 2 artists whose workshops are in the same building. Atelier 254 is located in the front of the building, with the artist workshops and the bathroom(s) located throughout the rest. We ask a few things to consider for your potential usage of the space:
*Failure to adhere to these space rules will result in the FULL loss of the damage deposit.*
1. Please take ALL your garbage & recycling with you or there will be a $50 fee.
2. To NOT linger in the area outside the bathroom as it's not in the area you would be potentially renting and that space is where the artists leave their belongings.
3. If you have equipment/props brought in, please do NOT drag them on the ground as it can cause scratches. If damage happens (outside of what is already there which we are aware of) it would lead to a loss of your damage deposit.
4. After you have loaded in all your equipment/staff, the front door (street level) must be closed and KEPT LOCKED AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RENTAL. This is a neighbourhood in transition and extra security measures need to be taken to insure nothing gets stolen.
5. No usage of ANY items (chairs, tables, furniture etc) in the building aside from what is in the space being rented.
6. Please respect the privacy of the artists in the space and let your production crew and talent know to not wander to the back of the studio where private studios are. Please stay in the designated rental area.
This was my second time booking Atelier 254, albeit for completely different reasons. This time around, we needed a beautifully lit open space to for some photo and video media production and a larger team of around 8 people. Communication was easy and we were allowed to come in a little early to set up which was really kind! Highly recommend booking this space for a great experience.
Bright open space, however, not really suitable for more than a few hours of photoshoot production as amenities are very limited.
I really enjoyed working in the studio, it's a beautifully lit space with lots of natural light and room. Lex was really fast at responding and super friendly, so easy to work with! I look forward to renting it again in the future.
We did a photoshoot in Lexani's space. It was very photogenic and easy to work in. Lexani was very communicative and helpful when we needed to reschedule some our move out unexpectedly.
I really enjoyed working in this space! The natural lighting itself is absolutely beautiful, which made it perfect for the shoot I was working on. Simple, bright, spacious, clean and it was nice having the exposed brick and white wall to work with. Yes, there's a bit of an odour because of the fish market downstairs but you can easily work around it - bring some scented candles or burn some incense and you're good to go!! Great for ambiance too :) if you're looking for a simple/minimal setting to do a shoot this space is perfect!
An incredible space for shooting, the light is beautiful and it's so great to find a big open/empty space. Lexani was very quick to reply and easy to communicate with.
Lexani was super easy to communicate with and the space was perfect for our shoot.
This space was great! Beautifully lit and clean, it was exactly what we needed.
The Atelier is lovely - in my opinion even more beautiful in person. It was exactly what I needed for my simple shoot. There's plenty of natural light and open space for getting creative. Dealing with the hosts was a breeze and they were easy and a pleasure to communicate with. I'd recommend this space to others!
The photos make it look like you have access to a pool table etc... and you don't. Also, the studio is above a fish market, so there is a foul odor in the studio. Would have been nice to know. That aside, the studio owner was lovely and accommodating.
Thanks for the review Mavreen. We've adjusted our photos to omit the ones with furniture as they were only used to give a proper ratio of size to reference the space. To any of you future renters, yes the studio is above a fish market so please keep that in mind for your upcoming projects :)
577 people saved this space