Airy All White Mid Century Hard Loft
25% PROMO NOW ON. COVID PRICING
Maximum People in the space to not exceed guidelines set out by City of Toronto.
Once part an optical glass manufacturing facility, this lofty space boasts an all white palette, up to 15' ceilings and a large open concept space that is mid-century inspired.
As a residential space full time, the space includes a full washroom, kitchen, a bedroom, a fully functioning entertainment section and an ever-changing array of mid-century furniture (included).
Usable space amounts to approximately 1200 Square feet of semi-flexible space, and about 300 Square feet of completely flexible space (Photography Room / Bedroom).
We typically keep several plants, mirrors, chairs, wall hangings such as maps/art, and tables on hand for a super flexible space. A basic camera tripod, Map backdrops and basic lighting configurations (2 Light towers, 6 LED light bars + adjustable stands) are available upon advance request.
The unit is inset halfway into the ground (stair access) and has 2 large frosted loft style windows allowing for lots of natural light, as well as a few smaller windows. Depending on the time of year, direct lighting is best in the early to late morning (7am-11am), dependent on time of year and weather. As the unit is completely white, between these times, the space is generally lit, with exceptions during overcast/stormy days. Artificial lighting is recommended for portraiture/models.
Things to Note:
- The furniture in the space is always changing. To get an idea of what we have at a particular time, please get in contact with us. It is not guaranteed to be shown as in photos.
- If you are looking at the space for longer than 8 hours, please get in contact with us ahead of time to see if we can accommodate.
- Daily rate is fixed for an 8 hour time slot, longer stays will be charged at $69/Hour.
- Chromecast, Bluetooth, AUX enabled Audio/Visual System
- White desk is permanent and not move-able. Computers are not to be used by guests.
- Stair Access, No elevator
- Free Parking on Streets (First come, First served)
- No AC
- This is a hard loft, and is subject to imperfections.
- There is not much natural light as unit is below grade, artificial lighting is recommended, especially with portraiture/models.
- Artificial lights can be used from exterior windows (for Daytime scenes shot at Night) as they are at ground level.
- Shoes MUST be removed in the space.
- Cleaning fee subject to double for rentals with more than 8 people. Security deposit will be in effect in all extra cleaning cases.
Weekly: not available
Monthly: not available
Cleaning Fee: $75
Minimum Booking: 4 hours
Maximum Booking: 1 day
Always communicate on thisopenspace. To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of thisopenspace. Learn more
- Shoes MUST be removed in the space.
- No parties, large social events over 10 people.
- No large film shoots over 10 crew members/actors.
- Furniture in main space is to stay in main space, and stored items in the furniture room is not to be moved. We will be on site to assist you with any piece that is needed when you arrive.
- White desk is permanent and not movable.
- Use coasters for drinks on all wood pieces.
- Leave the space as you found it.
- This space is not available for late night events.
JP's space was such a wonderful find and beautiful location to film in. Their communication leading up to the shoot was amazing and they were incredibly accommodating. Would highly recommend :)
JP was super easy and fast with communication, loved using this space for a photoshoot. Also gave so much variety for furniture as well!
The lighting is amazing and the process was real smooth.
Great space, very ample room for a photoshoot or small video shoot if needed. The light is very soft, however anywhere near the kitchen or further from the window you might need some light if you are doing lifestyle images. Otherwise, PERFECT! The decor also is really nice and goes with everything I was shooting that day! Amanda also met me to go over the space and show me everything. She was wearing a mask, and they also have hand sanitizer in the front. The place was spotless.
The space is much, much darker than the photos represent. We were told after our reservation was accepted that we should bring our own lighting set up for photography but I would have appreciated full disclosure before committing.
Wonderful location, incredibly accommodating hosts. Was perfect for our little film shoot!
Amazing mid-century space, with lots of props available. Hosts were super helpful and friendly. We will be back again :)
Great space. Great hosts. Highly recommend. Can't wait to shoot here again.
Aw man! Amanda and JP are the sweetest. So kind, professional and pleasant. Communication was a breeze. Their place is pristine and absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to visit again!
141 people saved this space